Ethics. Details. Results.
About Head Law
At Head Law, we pride ourselves in helping our clients to protect their rights and receive full and fair compensation when they have been injured by others. We understand that a lot is at stake when our clients contact us, including: serious injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and an unknown future. We will work aggressively and tirelessly against those who have violated your rights and have injured you.
David S. Head
David S. Head, managing attorney at Head Law, loves helping others resolve their difficult legal problems. David has extensive litigation experience, including multiple jury and bench trials, and has also filed several appeals to Utah or federal appellate courts.
David grew up in Salt Lake County, Utah and went to the University of Utah for his undergraduate studies. David attended graduate school and law school at St. Mary’s University.
Prior to working at Head Law, David worked at a prestigious litigation law firm—working primarily in personal injury, employment, and family law litigation—in Salt Lake County, Utah. David also previously worked at a prestigious criminal defense firm in Salt Lake County, Utah, and at a legal clinic in San Antonio, Texas performing legal services for indigent members of the community.
David has also acted as a chairperson for medical malpractice prelitigation panels for the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. In Utah, medical malpractice claimants are required to appear and present their cases before the prelitigation panels prior to filing their cases in the Utah district courts. As a chairperson, David conducted the panels, evaluated the cases with the other panel members, issued decisions for each case, and drafted panel opinions.
When David is not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife and family, painting, writing, and watching mixed martial arts.
Head Law, PLLC, Murray, Utah, April 2015-Present
President and Managing Attorney
Salt Lake City Justice Court, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 2018-Present
Judge Pro Tempore
Arrow Legal Solutions Group, PC, Midvale, Utah, September 2010-April 2015 Associate Attorney
Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, Salt Lake City, UT January 2014-April 2015
Medical Malpractice Prelitigation Panel Chairperson
St. Mary’s University Center for Legal & Social Justice, San Antonio, Texas Civil Justice Clinic
Fall 2009- Spring 2010
Law Professor Robert L. Summers, San Antonio, Texas, Spring 2008-Spring 2010
Bear v. LifeMap Assurance Co., 2021 UT App 129 (Utah App. 2021)
Johnson v. Okland Constr. Co., 477 P.3d 488 (Utah App. 2020)
O’Hearon v. Hansen, 409 P.3d 85 (Utah App. 2017)
Valerios Corp. v. Macias, 342 P.3d 1127 (Utah App. 2015)
Merena v. Davis, 283 P.3d 973 (Utah App. 2012)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2010
- 2010 Presidential Management Fellows Nominee
- Pro Bono Service Certificate
- St. Mary’s University Graduate School, San Antonio, Texas
Master of Arts, Major: International Relations, 2010
- Grade Point Average: 3.96
- 2010 Distinguished Graduate
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Political Science; Minor: Spanish, 2007
- Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
- Spanish Language Program Certificate of Completion, 2007
- Utah Law License
Admitted in October 2010, Bar Number 13237
- Fluent in Portuguese (lived in Brazil for two years)
- Fluent in Spanish
Collecting vintage polyester ties; oil painting; and mixed martial arts.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Utah State Bar Leadership Academy, Class of 2018
- Utah Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- 2019 Board Member of the Year
- Utah Association for Justice, Legislative Committee Member
- 2020 Legislative Titan Award
- 2019 Legislative Titan Award
- 2018 Legislative Titan Award
- 2017 Legislative Titan Award
- Utah Association for Justice, Member